Dec 05, 2018 - Dec 25, 2018
On Christmas Eve, we will be taking a one-time offering to provide clean water to Sierra Leone.
World Hope International, a Wesleyan organization has been working throughout the world to provide safe, clean drinking water to areas that do not have access to water.
• 783 million people worldwide do not have access to clean and safe water.
• In Africa, 90% of the household work of gathering water is done by women. Girls recieve less education and have a lower life expectancy.
• When children, especially girls, do not have to go far to get water, they have more time for their studies and are at less risk of being assaulted during the journey.
• On average, each well provides water to 699 people.
• Drilling site locations are based on geophysical surveys using vertical electrical soundings improving accuracy and higher yields.
We need to raise $10K to dig a well.
If you are not going to be here Christmas Eve, you may make a donation before and put “Wells Project” in the memo or on the envelope.
Our gift, if given by December 31 will be matched 100% by other donors at WHI and we will get two wells for our donation.
To donate, you may give online: https://ccwconline.com/give/